Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Silicon spray on Table saw blade

"Swingman" wrote in message
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

If really you feel the need to lubricate your table saw blade, TopCote
will do the job without danger to any future film finishes applied to
your projects.

TopCote's sister, DriCote, is designed specifically for cutting edges.

I could well be wrong, but I've suspected that the difference may actually
be more "marketing", than performance, in practical usage. IOW, the old
"change the proportions slightly/add solvent/target a different market"
ploy?

In any event, my use of both, admittedly in non-scientific, everyday,
practical usage, as well as their respective MSDS sheets, has reinforced
my decision to buy only one product, with basically identical results.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Have any of U used a product called SlipIt? It comes in a quart sized paint
can. I use it and haven't had any problems with it. It makes my saws cast
iron table top slick and wood moves easily with no resistance.