Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Bad neighbours and cctv question

George wrote:

Dennis the pillock wrote:

Unfortunately a decent DVR doesn't come cheap I've used things like
this:

http://tinyurl.com/6y72yt

That is hardly better than the £180 maplin one

Cock.

The DVR I referred to records PAL video at 720x576 at 25fps from 16
cameras simultaneously. The Maplin offering records at a maximum of
25fps but that is divided by the number of cameras - four cameras means
it records at 6.25 frames per second.

Maplin also appear to have fouled up the specification, the Swann DVR is
not a 720x576 recorder. According to Swann it offers PAL: 320 x 136 and
640 x 272 recording.

The Maximum HDD for the recorder I referred to is 2TB, the Swann is a
maximum of 250GB. The Swann uses what can charitably be referred to as
overcompressed M-JPEG for recording, not MPEG.

The recorder I referred to includes a DVD-RW drive because at some point
the images will have to be produced as evidence - the Swann does not.

etc. etc. etc.