Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Micky Savage[_2_] Micky Savage[_2_] is offline

Default Bad neighbours and cctv question

"Gordy" wrote in message

"Micky Savage" wrote in message

"Ariadne" wrote in message
On 28 Aug, 13:03, "BRAD" wrote:
I'm not sure about that but I had reason to look into
the legality of CCTV for surveillance.

It is apparently a good idea to register your use of
such equipment if you have specific individuals in
mind.

Presumably otherwise the filmed ones might have
grounds for prosecuting you.

Can I sue our local authority and private firms who have cctv for
filming me
then?
Seems very one sided (again).
Brad

Are you a specific target?

Have a go you will not get any where.

Micky.

There is an women down my mothers road who has had a camera up for about a
year now that looks straight down the row of gardens at peoples children
and people coming in and out of there houses.

In short the council didnt want to know anything about it nor did the
constabulary.

Gordy
Hi Gordy,

Nothing will happen, until there are complaints.
I personally don't install cameras that look any where only at the
customer's property including their car. I also don't install ptz cameras on
domestics.
When I do install cameras I take photos of there positions, upon
installation.
I have had to show some of my neighbours the direction of mine as they did
not like my i.r lighting at night.

One thing c.c.t.v.is here to stay.

Kind Regards.

Micky.