Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default "Stanley" Knife Recommendations Wanted

On 28 Aug, 15:59, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
sm_jamieson wrote:

Don't use stanley knives, use the snap-off blade knives. The blade has
a hole through which the slider goes, and the slider locks into
grooves in the knife, so the blade cannot possibly pull out

Oh yes? I've had three different makes where just this happens. Because of
the ability to hold several blades the 'hook' is only the thickness of the
blade and lightly sprung loaded in place.

Oh, I never thought it would hold several blades. I only put one in at
a time, and thus it is locked tight ! Or did you mean the spring is so
weak to allow many blades ? I don't think my current one has a spring
anyway.
It metal from B&Q. I'll post what it is when I get home and take a
look.
Simon.