Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
George George is offline

Default Bad neighbours and cctv question

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
George wrote:
Shouldn't that be...the scan lines rather than the image size? ie 420
lines will give a poor image as opposed to 625 lines will give you TV
quality

Not so - all the very worst quality early VHS camcorders do 625 lines.
Producing dreadful low res pictures. You need a good frequency response as
well if talking broadcast analogue - up to about 5.5 mHz.

--
*I didn't drive my husband crazy -- I flew him there -- it was faster

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Yes well,you're talking Svhs there ie luminance carrier. :-)