Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
mogga mogga is offline

Default Bad neighbours and cctv question

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:17:55 +0100, "Sarah" wrote:

well we've been having troubles from pain in the backside neighbours from
late night drinking to kicking footballs at our windows on purpose and at
our sky dish. Reported it to the relvant people who seem to do nothing. Had
a victim support person turn up out of the blue today and they siggested
putting a cctv camera up on the inside and if it is slightly watching your
sky dish and catches them in the act you have instant proof ? (buy the way
the list of their stupidity is far to lon to type, were tolerant to a
level but they have gone beyond too far)

So knowing nothing about cctv, I thought you guys would know ?

Do I need something that connects to my pc or tv ? also would need to store
the footage maybe on a hard disc or a blank dvd ?

A bit out of my depth here so advice welcomed.

Thanks

We had a Swann 4ch Standalone DVR w/ Motion activated Recording but
have upgraded to one that can be viewed on the computers.
It served us well and is now on ebay!

We set the areas to cover only our property though and the cameras are
quite visible.

If you've only got one set of nasty neighbours have you got support
from others? The more people who witness and report problems the
better.
Do you know your PCSO? And do you report every incident? You can ring
up and report things and say you don't need an officer to call but you
just want to report the incident and ALWAYS get a log number.

Consider joining neighbourhood watch for instant regular access to
loads of local police people. It never hurts to have the inspector pop
down to see what's going on

Keep a diary and take photos of damage. It's soul destroying having
nuisance near your home and will easily take over your life.
Note every incident in the form of date, time, who was involved, where
it was, what time did it start, finish and who else witnessed it, and
how it made you feel. Basically what the council has on it's ASB
forms.
I can email you a blank one if you want as an idea of what you should
be writing down.

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk