Posted to alt.home.repair
SAm E SAm E is offline

Default really old phone lines

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 02:51:43 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

[snip]

Usually true, but not always. If the customer (usually the missus)
objected to 'that ugly thing', or if there was no outlet near the phone
drop, they would sometimes use the second pair for power, and put the
wall wart in the basement. After I was here a year, I banged my head on
an abandoned one hanging from its black and yellow wires under the
basement stairs. (the run had been cut off upstream.) Not the first time
I had seen a basement-mounted one.

Of course this is not "politically correct", but these messages do
make women seem much more likely to be irrational. There ARE
exceptions.