Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Micky Savage[_2_] Micky Savage[_2_] is offline

Default Bad neighbours and cctv question

"Ariadne" wrote in message
On 28 Aug, 11:55, wrote:
On 28 Aug, 12:25, "George" wrote:

"Sarah" wrote in message

well we've been having troubles from pain in the backside neighbours
from
late night drinking to kicking footballs at our windows on purpose
and at
our sky dish. Reported it to the relvant people who seem to do
nothing.
Had
a victim support person turn up out of the blue today and they
siggested
putting a cctv camera up on the inside and if it is slightly watching
your
sky dish and catches them in the act you have instant proof ? (buy
the way
the list of their stupidity is far to lon to type, were tolerant
to a
level but they have gone beyond too far)

So knowing nothing about cctv, I thought you guys would know ?

Do I need something that connects to my pc or tv ? also would need to
store
the footage maybe on a hard disc or a blank dvd ?

A bit out of my depth here so advice welcomed.

Thanks

Not going into the what and how routine,but if you do get surveilance
equipment I suggest you don't let it be visible or let ANYONE know you
have
it...otherwise they will give you more grief than the norm as problem
neighbours hate that sort of thing and will do their uttermost to get
shut
of it.

Beware also that you may get into trouble with the constabulary over a
totally mythical "law" that it is illegal to take photographs of
children. BTDTGTTS.

Chris- Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure about that but I had reason to look into
the legality of CCTV for surveillance.

It is apparently a good idea to register your use of
such equipment if you have specific individuals in
mind.

Presumably otherwise the filmed ones might have
grounds for prosecuting you.

No Disrespect,

Rubbish.