BigWallop

Default Double Pole switches and FCUs for kitchen applicances

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
"BigWallop" wrote in message

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
"William Joones" wrote in message
om...

snipped

The normal practice would be to switch off power at the CU, surely.

If you want to run a double gang socket, then you have to take into
consideration that both sockets will be used at the same time, so you

need
the correct switch gear to control it. Diversity is only considered in

the
whole installation, where there is an unlikely event that all appliances

and
every socket will be on and used at the one time.

Sounds like good sense to me, yet I've been told that cable feeding
one double socket only needs to be rated at 20A, not 30, so a single
piece of 2.5T&E clipped direct will do. Is that not so?

Regards, NT

If you have two appliances connecting to a two gang socket, and both are
known to contain heating elements, then would you trust a single piece of
2.5 mm T&E PVC ?

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com