Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Where do I buy ..........

"Grant Erwin" wrote: (clip) uses roller skate wheels as the contact
points. I would think some of those would do you nicely.

I have a steady rest on my wood lathe which uses four roller blade wheels.
It is set up so the wheels can run in a single plane, or, by reversing two
of the arms, they can be staggered. The latter arrangement lets me come
down and steady very small diameters. This is probably the way you would
work on pool cues. Roller blade wheels have very good ball bearings, since
they have to support a person's weight, plus impact loads. If you look
around you can find used ones for next to nothing (or actually nothing.)