Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default $$ Question for Home Improvemet(s)

"cshenk" wrote in message
"h" wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

Holt crap! I refinanced less than $25k 2 years ago for 4.25%. I still
went with a credit card last year for a"loan" of $28k since I could get
that at 3.99% instead of 4.25%. Why are you paying nearly twice that?
Mine is fixed also. I'm in upstate NY, with the highest taxes/assessments
in the nation, too.

Probably a matter of timing involved. This is in last 6 months. Possibly
didnt find the right folks either?

I just re-fied with my tiny little local bank where I got the original
mortgage 23 years ago. Their rates are MUCH better than the big banks, but
they also have much more stringent guidelines and require a credit score of
at least 775.