Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default A "living constitution" and serious " change" was Obama

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:12:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
I wonder if Leo and his brothers and sisters on the far left, have
ever read Unintended Consequences, by John Ross?

Evidently not.

They really should.

An absolutely fantastic book. I keep that one on the main book shelf next to Ayn Rand's
Atlas Shrugged.

Ditto, and I reread it earlier this year.

snip
===========
Why limit this to the far left? Everyone should read and
understand including those on the right and the finance/banking
business.

Many of the situations described involve some sort of "tipping
point" and once this point is reached it very difficult to
impossible to return to the previous condition. "Oops -- my bad"
doesn't cut it.

For those wondering what this is all about see
http://www.amazon.com/Unintended-Con.../dp/1888118040
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1888...tu#reader-link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1888...tu#reader-link
http://www.john-ross.net/

While much of this is about the 2nd amendment and the right to
keep and bear arms in the US, it also applies to all the other
"rights."

The UK is a prime example. They started with abrogating fire arm
ownership, but now include the governmental right to snoop in
your emails down to the town council level, unlimited cc tv
cameras to detect who spit on the side walk, etc. Even with this
knife crime is at epidemic levels. For grins, google on ASBOs to
see where this leads, and how "cold cocking" a burglar in your
house with a "rounders bat" can lead to 2 years in prison for the
home owner for assault. It can and will happen here.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and