Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timelessgranite@gmail.com is offline

Default Corian, Silestone, Granite, LG or Plywood???? :O/

On Aug 25, 9:59*pm, infiniteMPG wrote:
We're pretty winding down on our new cabinets and we're seriously
seeking our best countertop choices (no, plywood is the temporary
choice until the real stuff arrives). *We've heard stories of heat
affecting Corian and LG and things like if you cut on the countertop
itself it will scor or mark like a plastic cutting board. *We've also
heard stories of everything from emisions of radon gas fromgranite
and the need to seal and care for the surface. *We have seengranite
at places like Lowe's that is supposedly sealed for 15 years now,
too. *We've heard good and bad about Silestone but then today someone
said it's just Home Depot's branding ofgranite.

We'd like to get to the truth of the matter but I'd rather throw it
out to the knowledgable public (i.e. alt.home.repair) then from some
vendor or distributor. *What's the truth about these materials????

Also, we like the molded in sinks that come with Corian and LG but
heard that if they get damaged from dropping something in them, then
you have to replace the whole counter top and can't just replace the
sink. *We don't really like the stainless sinks sitting under agranitecountertop as there is a slight mating 'crap trap' between the
sink and the countertop and although we know this is sealed, there is
still the mating recess between them. *Doesn't seem to be something
I'd want.

So what's the truth?????????

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Hi