Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Copper Wire laying around

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:47:09 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

The problem with Libertarians...is not that I agree with most of their
platforms..which I do..is that they are going about it from the wrong
end.

They want to put a libertarian in at the top. If they managed to do
so...little would change and he would last (1) term because the Dems
and Republicans would cry long and loud about not being able to work
with him, setting the process back and leaving a bad taste in
everyones mouth.

Want real change? Start putting Libertarians in at the bottom, local
government. City councils, dog catchers, ombudsmen etc Let it
percolate for a couple years, then vote them into state politics.
Representatives etc etc.

There ya go!

--big snip--

I like Ron Paul. I like where the Libertarian party is going..they
have been weeding out the nutbars.

But there is no way in hell we can put one in the Oval Office without
doing it from the ground up.

sigh True, and that means more of the same **** for years to come.

So voting for him..is simply taking a vote away from the only person
capable of keeping a Marxist out of the Whitehouse.

Remember Ross Perot.

Yeah, where 26% of American voters damnear turned this country around.
He scared the holy -****- out of both our thoroughly corrupted parties
(Reps and Dems for those of you in Rio Linda) and that likely won't
happen again.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.