Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default FAO Clint Sharp...

Clint Sharp wrote:
In message , "Mungo \"Two
Sheds\" Toadfoot" writes
I thought I'd replace the
bigger ones, just in case, and they are whoppers.

Probably no need to replace the resistors if the PSU is working, a
simple multimeter check will tell you if a resistor's faulty or not in
almost every case.

Well, it's working so they can stay then. The caps though, are going.
They're old anyway so I'm thinking that years of heat cycling can't have
been good for their general health. The metal of the keyboard frame under
the PSU is quite discoloured through, I'm assuming, heat. I wonder if it
would like a little fan in there?

Si