Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Plans or pictures of a Stock Cart

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

I don't buy plans anymore. I can look at something or perhaps get a
little advice and then draw my own plans if needed and then build it.

Think that is known as being a mooch in my part of the world.

Then you're completely full of **** Lew. There isn't a person alive who does
woodwork that hasn't taken someone's else's idea and modified a version for
his own use. You build a chair, a table whatever, it's design is based
exactly or loosely on some other person's design that you've seen. The only
difference between me and you is that I don't lie about it while you're
completely full of crap.

Trying to use design plans the the designer clearly offers for sale to
build a single unit without paying for them is very simply the theft
of intellectual property.

I guess you've never done a history assignment in school. That's where you
read what someone else has written and then say it again in your own words.
With your warped thinking, I'd guess you'd classify that as plagiarism.
Would that be correct Lew?

You state you are a tech writer.
What is your position if someone were to plagurize your work, then
sell it without compensating you?

Quite obviously, you don't have a clue about the legalities of being a
technical writer. A technical writer usually takes legally obtained
information given to him or researched by him and rewrites it at the
comprehension and interest level for a particular audience. Since the
information is owned from beginning to end by the client, he's free to do
with what's been written as he pleases including copying, rewriting and
distributing it ~ even if it's information created entirely by me. I know
for certain fact that information I've previously written has been
rewritten, updated and changed a number of times by successive technical
writers. And you know what Lew? I'm perfectly fine with that because it's
the nature of the business.

Interesting observation; however will consider it for what it is IBS
(Intellectual BULL ****).

Possibly, however your response is just BULL **** without any intelligence
to back it up.

available, I prefer to spend my money on important stuff like the
alcohol I buy every week which is considerably costlier then
some simple plans.

That seems obvious.

The alcohol comment was intended to be funny. Obviously, you wouldn't find
it so because you appear to have your humour up your ass where you
apparently have also placed your head.

Dave