Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrO DrO is offline

Default Plasma Torch Troubles

On Aug 26, 3:41*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
DrO wrote:
I have a Chicago (something)Plasmatorchfrom Harbor Freight and it
keeps dying on me...you kind of get to rely upon the fun tools in the
shop!

The current issue is that it will spark the pilot arc but not continue
to burn (it's like it blows it out, or something doesn't cycle...bad
transistor or relay?)...I cannot find anything about the schematics
for it and I'm tired of taking it in for 4 weeks to get a $20 part fix
and a $80 labor bill.

If you put a daub of fingernail polish on
all the parts, you'll know the one that they
replace.

Funny you should say that...I did it the second time and I got ribbed
kind of hard as to the color of choice (don't use your kid's neon
pink)