Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce in Bangkok[_6_] Bruce in Bangkok[_6_] is offline

Default Any refrigeration experts out there?

In article ,
says...
That is really good info....... thank you. I think you are correct about
keeping the systems separate. Combining them will create far too much
complexity. I have made the same observation of cold plate performance that
you have, but I think that is because of the use of brine as the storage
medium for a freezer applications. Its state change is far too warm to be
efficient. There are far better solutions for cold storage capacity, hence,
the -40 degree requirement.
Steve

I have the idea that I heard somewhere that the preferred liquid for the
cold plates was a mixture of ethylene glycol rather then "brine". I
believe that the reason is that by mixing water and E.G. you can control
the freezing point which is pretty much what you are trying to do.

--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok