Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default Wobble vs stackable dado - howto

"Lee Michaels" wrote:

"Richard Evans" wrote

Molding head, now there's a scary attachment.

Now that brings back memories.

I picked up some blades and saw acessories at a garage sale for cheap. It
was a box of stuff for a good price. I figured I would pick thorough it and
throw out what I did not want.

I pulled out this molding head with some kinda big cutter in it. A friend
was looking over my shoulder and made the remark that it looked like big
teeth that could eat me up. I felt a chill go up my spine. I put it on the
shelf and never used it for over 20 years. Then I threw it away.

I guess that image of it eating me never went away.

I used mine quite a bit back in the 70s, though I always had a mental
image of one of the blades coming loose and giving me a sucking chest
wound.