Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] zymurgy@technologist.com is offline

Default compression fittings

Stephen wrote:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:15:38 +0100, Rod
wrote:

A few years ago I bought some special olives - at a much greater price
than standard olives - and found they were not special at all. So I took
them back and used a special one I had in the meantime found down the
back of the sofa (or similarly silly place). Company refused to accept
there was a problem. Don't buy from Focus (I wouldn't normally but was
the only place I could get to before shop closing on a Sunday afternoon)!

I'm surprised Focus stock something as exotic as 3/4 in olives!

I used a few of these in my 1950's house. It was cheaper to use a 3/4
olive to couple up to some old low pressure (from gravity tank)
pipework than replace with new 22mm pipe.

P.