Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Veering OT: New Unisaw - The flag is back

krw writes:
In article 3873a9ac-db26-4f79-b3c6-
,
says...
On Aug 23, 7:42 pm, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

Normally empty but with about 125 bf of walnut 3 people and luggage from
Arkansas to Houston, about 19.5 mpg.

Wow... can't beat that! Empty, with the motor off, rolling downhill
the whole way with no one in it my F150 won't touch that.

My Ranger gets about that, on a good day. I got about 15MPG from
Ohio to Alabama pulling a 5x9 Uhaul (and about the same from Vermont
to Ohio last year) loaded with 8 maple 2x10s and about 250bf of Ash.
My Ranger only gets about 12-13MPG in the winter though. ...good
thing I left those back in Ohio. ;-)

My ranger averages 23.2mpg lifetime (92,000 miles). I got close to
25mpg with a full load (higher than cab) from Vegas to Bay Area once
which I attributed to better aerodynamics due to the covered load.

('99 2.5l 4-cyl manual shortbed, no a/c)

scot