Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Improving Air Conditioning and Heat Pump efficiency

wrote:
After reading all the messages about refrigeration aboard boats and
seeing the level of expertise, I thought I would see what people
recommend for books on air conditioning and heat pumps.
I would like to learn more especially with regard to a house and using
the earth as a thermal source and sink. The current situation is a
house with a propane furnace and central air with the usual fan
blowing air over the condenser. The lot is big enough to use the
earth as a thermal sink. I am also wondering about changing to a heat
pump when the current air conditioner has problems.

My next unit will be a geothermal heat pump.
I have known people with them that have cut their energy bills by over
50% in the hot summer.

For a conventional A/C or heat pump, home or car, take a look at a
product called ICE-32. It works, immediately lowering A/C temps or
raising wintertime heat pump vent outlet temp.
It's basically a lubricant. It also quiets noisy compressors and
purports to lengthen their service life.
I've used it on two houses and all our cars. It works.

We don't sell it where I work, but we used to.