Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrO DrO is offline

Default Plasma Torch Troubles

I have a Chicago (something) Plasma torch from Harbor Freight and it
keeps dying on me...you kind of get to rely upon the fun tools in the
shop!

The current issue is that it will spark the pilot arc but not continue
to burn (it's like it blows it out, or something doesn't cycle...bad
transistor or relay?)...I cannot find anything about the schematics
for it and I'm tired of taking it in for 4 weeks to get a $20 part fix
and a $80 labor bill.

These things have to be simple enough...just need some diagnostic
help.

I would also like to know about other "common" issues the I may
encounter and their fix.