Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default (*somewhat* OT): medica where to get "supplemental insurance"?

clipped

For those not that adventurous or who would like a second opinion,
the next step is to contact SHIP, an all-volunteer organization with
offices in 85 counties that is funded by Medicare and the Indiana
Department of Insurance. Their phone number is 1-800-452-4800 and they
have a website at www.medicare.in.gov. Being funded by the Medicare and
the State of Indiana means that they can give unbiased opinions on the
available choices.

I initially signed up for a Humana plan. My doc was listed as a Humana
provider, but a little bird
told me to confirm that with my doc, so I did. Wrong. My doc was not a
Humana provider. His
insurance secretary gave me the scoop - they quit Humana because it was
impossible to deal with.
Humana didn't return calls, delayed approvals, etc, etc. She told me
they were the most difficult
to deal with.(worse than even BC/BS) She told me the best to deal with,
and I went with one of those )