Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default (*somewhat* OT): medica where to get "supplemental insurance"?

In article ,
(David Combs) wrote:

Anyway, that's all I have -- the basic part a or b or
whatever it is Medicare.

My question: is that enough?

If you are taking enough medications to hit the donut hole, then no
I would say it isn't. You need Part D, also.

This country has gone so far towards "nuthin for da people,
everything for da rich and da corporate" that if I do end
up sick, in hospital, I'll get a real awakening from my
belief that medicare will takes care of us.

You will get a real awakening from the belief that GOVERNMENT takes
care of us.

On person said I should look into AARP for what they have;
several others said that they're insanely expensive
for what you get.

The first place to start is probably the Medicare website. They
have places to get information and there are also a group of volunteer
counselors run by Mcare that go over the options and help you at least
get a clearer view of what you might need.