Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Veering OT: New Unisaw - The flag is back

"Leon" wrote in message

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
news

Well, after all the fiddling around with various dealers ...
I ended up with ... another Chevy Tahoe. Why? I managed to
find what I wanted and they just *gutted* their prices to make
the deal too good to walk away. Between the employee pricing
and additional cash incentives, the dropped the price something
like $11K from sticker. I don't drive a whole lot, so the gas
prices were not a huge factor. I traded in a 13 year old Tahoe
and - to GM's credit - they've really improved the engineering.
Then again, my new car with 20 miles on *insists* that the hood
is open when it isn't ... sigh ... it's Warranty Roulette all over
again.

BTY the hood switch is probably a plunge type switch that simply needs to be
adjusted, open the hood, locate the switch, and manually press it in while
some one else verifies if the warning goes away. If that works you can
probably very easily adjust it, if they are still using the older style
switch you simply pull it out further as the adjustment is a friction fit.
This might save you a trip back to the dealer to get rid of the annoyance.