Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce in Bangkok[_6_] Bruce in Bangkok[_6_] is offline

Default Any refrigeration experts out there?

In article ,
says...
Bruce,
I ordered the book. It is $65. Must be good. Had to buy a used one. It is
out of print.
Steve

I think you'll find it worth the money. It takes you from wanting to
have a fridge through each and every step in sizing, design, building,
measuring heat loss, cooling requirements depending on water
temperature. Just about everything you have been asking about. There is
even a step by step overhaul section on most common compressors.

And, the guy is a good enough writer that you can almost read the book
for entertainment. He has also written a book on electrical systems that
is interesting and factual.

The author has been living aboard and cruising for quite a few years now
so everything he recommends is based on experience and I found both the
refrigeration and the electrical books worth paying for.

--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok