Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default compression fittings

Stephen wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:42:37 -0700 (PDT), Pete C ukdiy
wrote:

Is the thread on a 15mm compression fitting 1/2 inch BSP?

IME almost always yes.

And on a
22mm fitting 3/4 inch?

No unfortunately, would be handy it it was.

Sorry, I should have known that because 22mm and 3/4 inch fittings can
be used together only with special olives, can't they.

A few years ago I bought some special olives - at a much greater price
than standard olives - and found they were not special at all. So I took
them back and used a special one I had in the meantime found down the
back of the sofa (or similarly silly place). Company refused to accept
there was a problem. Don't buy from Focus (I wouldn't normally but was
the only place I could get to before shop closing on a Sunday afternoon)!

--
Rod

onset.