Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default FAO Clint Sharp...

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in
message ...
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
...and others wot know about Roland keyboards/power supply boards
again.
Here's some piccies... http://photobucket.com/gytha_ogg

Anything there identifiable as a potential reset-causer?

Oh, in picture 2 there's what I assume to be a cap that's covered in
some kind of plastic. I'm also assuming it's covered because it's
next to the transformer and might get hot? If so I suppose it's
fairly likely it could have failed, but how to tell?

The one next to R17? in pic 4 looks more interesting.
There doesn't appear to be a need to put resin on them but there
looks like there may be some.

This squidgy-looking black thing here, next to the brown cap.

http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/gytha_ogg/?action=view&current=Project2.jpg

Si

Nope.
Its bottom center of
http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=Project4.jpg

In front of the two electrolytics.

It may just be something that has dripped on the components but its hard to
see.