Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default (*somewhat* OT): medica where to get "supplemental insurance"?

Why am I posting this here (of all places)?

1: when I get real sick (someday), I might well be in
final bed at home, and sorely needing some repairs.
Maybe even "alternate" type repairs!

2: You guys here are clearly *really* smart (I've been
reading the group for YEARS -- heck, after just
an hour of so it is already pretty obvious).

3: From the amount of time and effort put into your
answers to questions, many, very many of you must
be retired. Thus over 65. Thus dealing with medicare.

4: Where else can I post this and be able to trust the
reply, that it's not from some salesman trolling
the medical newsgroups, and pretending to be unbiased?

OK -- here goes. Last year I hit 65, and am on medicare.

(I'm also in a hole right now -- a DONUT hole! These
company-owned politicians must get a real high out
of dreaming up these ways to screw us, huh?)

Anyway, that's all I have -- the basic part a or b or
whatever it is Medicare.

My question: is that enough?

This country has gone so far towards "nuthin for da people,
everything for da rich and da corporate" that if I do end
up sick, in hospital, I'll get a real awakening from my
belief that medicare will takes care of us.

On person said I should look into AARP for what they have;
several others said that they're insanely expensive
for what you get.

I suppose that just like with home insurance, you file a
big claim (wolf blew the house down, or whatever) and
you find out that small print says "no, that's not covered".

And likewise some companies are ~ok, and most horrible.

So, how about a thread on this. I bet that 50% of
us on alt.home.repair will be EXTREMELY interested
in the information shared in the thread.

Anyway, thanks so much!

David