Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Circuit breaker panel cabinet knock-outs.

On Aug 25, 3:28*pm, wrote:
My circuit breaker panel cabinet has 2 existing, already-installed
breakers with nothing attached. *I would like to use one as a
dedicated line for a spare refrigerator in the basement. *All of the
existing bx-cables exit the cabinet from the top, and _every_ existing
panel knock-out on the top of the cabinet is occupied. *There are
knock-outs on the side of the cabinet, but I’m wondering, is there
some rule or code that prohibits exiting from the side?

All advice appreciated.
Thanks.
-Theodore.

Use the side KO's if you wish, or drill the correct sized hole in the
top if there is enough room left for an additional hole. If you use
the side holes you may want to use right angle BX connectors to keep
things tidy.

Joe