Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: Pattress

In article ,
Tanner-'op wrote:
Which would be fine for a regional FAQ. But unfortunately it's
national and in other areas it's not used.

Dave,

Before retiring, I worked in several parts of the country over several
years - and on each job, a patress was... yes, a patress - which meant a
surface mounted switch/socket box (and that was understood by the local
tradesmen as well as us 'outsiders'. That seems pretty "national" to me.

It's not recognised in any wholesaler I've used in London - and that's
plenty. Of course if you add plenty of description a decent counter person
may deduce what you mean - but many get annoyed by the use of it.

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.