Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_10_] Peter[_10_] is offline

Default cold vs hot asphalt on small repairs

New home owner....

Where my driveway meets the concrete floor of the garage, there is about a 2
1/2" height difference and a small gap of about 1 1/2" between the edge of
the asphalt and the concrete of the garage floor.

I could go buy a couple 20/kg bags of cold asphalt and follow one of the
many guides online and do the work myself for cheap, probably $20-$30 for
the asphalt and something to pack it down with.

The other option, I was given a quote by a local asphalt/driveway company,
$275 to fix it. That seems pretty steep, so I wonder how much better would
it really be? They would use hot asphalt, which I understand is better, but
is it *that* much better for just repairing a lip?