Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: Pattress

On Aug 25, 1:12*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* wrote:

Which would be fine for a regional FAQ. But unfortunately it's national
and in other areas it's not used.

The other terms are no more or less regional than pattress.

Perhaps you could tell me of a regional supplier's website where they talk
about pattresses as backing boxes?

And I'd be most surprised if any wholesaler in the land didn't understand
a 'flush metal 35mm two gang backing box'

'Pattress supplier' gives 3760 hits. 'Pattress' gives 29,800.

And I'd be most surprised if any wholesaler in the land didn't understand
a 'flush metal 35mm two gang backing box'

Indeed. I'd also be most surprised if any wholesaler in the land
didn't understand a 'flush metal 35mm two gang pattress'

I know it would be easy if all suppliers used one term, but they dont.
The Wiki can easily reflect that by using all the common terms.

NT