Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:17:32 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

When she comes here and we hear her play her old black piano, it makes
it all worthwhile. This talk of smashing a decent piano is sacrilege. It
could change someone's life. It's your duty to try to find them.

Amen to that.
Acoustic sound isn't valued too highly these days

Generally because most half-decent digital pianos will knock spots of
A.N.Other old upright.
No need for tuning, headphone capability, weighted and touch-senstive
action that never needs balancing, portability - and in some cases a
choice of piano/harpsichord/organ sounds.

I got £12 for my old upright back in the 70s - it was so knackered I
had to have it tuned to Bb. The only value it had was in the
soundboard wood.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk