Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

In message , Invisible Man
writes
Have you tried freecycle?

My experience with freecycle have been very mixed. And I can't imagine
why they use that awful Yahoo application.

About 30 years ago we were given a good old iron framed piano, which we
still have and which still sounds great. My daughter got to Grade 8 on
it and bangs away every time she comes back to visit.
About 15 years ago we moved house and thought the old piano would fall
apart in the move, so we bought a second piano at a good price from a
teacher, and put it in the new house.
With a bit of woodwork from me, the old piano did survive the move, and
daughter later took the second piano to her house.

When she comes here and we hear her play her old black piano, it makes
it all worthwhile. This talk of smashing a decent piano is sacrilege. It
could change someone's life. It's your duty to try to find them.
--
Bill