Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

Kevin wrote:
endymion wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message
endymion wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message
endymion wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,

Its in working order. I spent 300+ quid on it a couple of years ago
to have the striking mechanism overhauled so it should last 20 years
of good play now. I had intended to learn to play but I wont so its
pointless keeping it. I have had it 20 years and never touched it.
It just sits there taking up space.

Pianos are worth nothing when you're trying to get rid of them, but
cost a bomb if you're looking to buy one :-)

Teachers are always on the lookout for uprights for their pupils.
Ring a few. £300 is cheap for a working piano.

I will give it away of I can find a taker. I have put it on Plymouth
freecycle now but I don't know how it works really. The message
hasn't appeared there yet.

they monitor posts on free cycle when you start out to make sure they
are appropriate for free cycling, IE no wanted posts for 42" plasmas top
of the range laptops or offers baby rabbits
it will appear once they have reviewed your post

How tedious