Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

"stuart noble" wrote in message
endymion wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message
endymion wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,

Its in working order. I spent 300+ quid on it a couple of years ago to
have the striking mechanism overhauled so it should last 20 years of good
play now. I had intended to learn to play but I wont so its pointless
keeping it. I have had it 20 years and never touched it. It just sits
there taking up space.

Pianos are worth nothing when you're trying to get rid of them, but cost a
bomb if you're looking to buy one :-)

Teachers are always on the lookout for uprights for their pupils. Ring a
few. £300 is cheap for a working piano.

I will give it away of I can find a taker. I have put it on Plymouth
freecycle now but I don't know how it works really. The message hasn't
appeared there yet.