Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

endymion wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message
endymion wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,

How do you get rid of a piano like this?

Local school, village hall, community centre, pub, old peoples'
home, ...

If you said which town you're in/near, someone here might think of
a suitable local home for it.

I live in SE Cornwall. Callington/ Liskeard area. Striking distance
from Plymouth

Stick it on EBay with no reserve.
If it's in tune and doesn't need anything spent on it, I'm sure it'll
be snapped up by someone with kids going through the grades

Its in working order. I spent 300+ quid on it a couple of years ago to
have the striking mechanism overhauled so it should last 20 years of
good play now. I had intended to learn to play but I wont so its
pointless keeping it. I have had it 20 years and never touched it. It
just sits there taking up space.

Pianos are worth nothing when you're trying to get rid of them, but cost
a bomb if you're looking to buy one :-)

Teachers are always on the lookout for uprights for their pupils. Ring a
few. £300 is cheap for a working piano.