Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

endymion wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"endymion" writes:
I have a millstone . Its an old piano. Iron frame 1920's upright. Good
working order and tuned every six months. The problem is I don't want
it. I
cant play and never use it. Its in the way. The trouble is no one else
seems to want it either. I have tried giving it away via the adds in
the
paper. I have tried asking a house clearance to come and move it and
even
said I would pay costs. No one will even come and take it to the tip
for me.

How do you get rid of a piano like this?

Local school, village hall, community centre, pub, old peoples' home, ...

If you said which town you're in/near, someone here might think of
a suitable local home for it.

I live in SE Cornwall. Callington/ Liskeard area. Striking distance from
Plymouth

Stick it on EBay with no reserve.
If it's in tune and doesn't need anything spent on it, I'm sure it'll be
snapped up by someone with kids going through the grades