Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"endymion" writes:
I have a millstone . Its an old piano. Iron frame 1920's upright. Good
working order and tuned every six months. The problem is I don't want it.
cant play and never use it. Its in the way. The trouble is no one else
seems to want it either. I have tried giving it away via the adds in the
paper. I have tried asking a house clearance to come and move it and even
said I would pay costs. No one will even come and take it to the tip for
me.

How do you get rid of a piano like this?

Local school, village hall, community centre, pub, old peoples' home, ...

If you said which town you're in/near, someone here might think of
a suitable local home for it.

I live in SE Cornwall. Callington/ Liskeard area. Striking distance from
Plymouth