Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

In message , endymion
writes
I have a millstone . Its an old piano. Iron frame 1920's upright. Good
working order and tuned every six months. The problem is I don't want
it. I cant play and never use it. Its in the way. The trouble is no
one else seems to want it either. I have tried giving it away via the
adds in the paper. I have tried asking a house clearance to come and
move it and even said I would pay costs. No one will even come and take
it to the tip for me.

How do you get rid of a piano like this?

well, from experience - don't try breaking it up, you might get rid of
the wood, but you'll end up with a frame which is very difficult to do
anything with at all

getting rid of it? - no answer

--
geoff