Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stainless steel spec

On Sun 24 Aug 2008 09:54:47p, Paul MR told us...

Shopping for a stainless steel sink for the kitchen. I know nothing
about the specification "18/8 chrome/nickel content." Is this a good
number? Does it imply this steel is more stainless than other steel?
Thanks,
Paul MR

Both 18/8 and 18/10 stainless steel are good quality and have a high
resistance to corrosion and staining. 18/10 stainless steel has a higher
percentage of nickel which one might notice as a slightly richer color. IMO,
both perform well, and I doubt that one really outperforms the other.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 08(VIII)/24(XXIV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Labor Day