Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] Dan_Thomas_nospam@yahoo.com is offline

Default Hurrah!! for Harbor Freight

On Aug 24, 1:50 pm, Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey an,

Explain a bit more please. Be specific for a dummy like me. Is that
just to charge them, or "shock" the ones that don't want to re-charge,
or what????

It's to burn the shorts out. It won't charge them much. I
use a pair of wires about twelve feet long, and set the thing outside
around the corner while I connect it to the welder inside and zap it
so that if it blows it won't kill me. Then I leave it alone out there
for awhile in case it gets ideas after I disconnect the welder. It'll
get warm doing this and might explode after a bit.
I've zapped cordless phone battery packs (3.6v) using a 24-volt
battery charger. Open circuit is around 30 volts. I stick the battery
pack under a bucket and stand on that, again to prevent damage from
expoding batteries.

Dan