Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Gas water heater capacity

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Well that depends. Where is the lost heat going? If it is going into the

In my case, the lost heat is totally a benefit. It helps heat the garage
and several pipes there burst last year so we had to add a heater. We do
not need to AC the garage in summer, but we have to heat it a bit in winter.

We figured out the change at last. The 'heat unit' was better insulated
while we were gone and the house was rented. This meant less leach hat in
the garage and resulted in a 800$ busted pipe repair last winter. I'm
actually thinking the insulation is costing us more with comparison of a
heater back there, than removal of the added insulation g. Kinda like,
'remove in winter, put back in summer'.