Andy Jenkins

Default Urgent : Water leaking from heating pump 'electrical box'

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 09:22:56 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

BillR wrote:

You should be able to isolate the pump with the valves either side of it.
They are a doddle to replace if you have a big enough spanner.

Hah. Not if it was installed by the idiot who did mine. No isolation
valves.

Yeah - same here .. no valves either side.

My problem is resovled now having had the confirmation that
replacement of the pump isnt a major thing for a DIY newbie to do.

Had to drain the system first though - and then realised I had drained
the ciruit for the tap (.

Then I drained the CH circuit. Stuck a host on the end of one of the
rads downstairs that has some kinda draining plug on it - didnt help
mind - as no blinking water came out that way - it came out of the
bolty thing that I had to uncrew (

One drained - had to then goto Homebase to pick up a water pump
spanner - not bad £2.49 - did the trick wonderfully.

Then off with teh BG Pump - off to my local plumbers place - who sold
me a replacement - worrying the same make as what I have now .. a
Myson - but has Circulating Pumps or somthing wriitten on it - as per
the quote from Tim Jenkins elsewhere on this thread.

Anyway - fitted the new one .. plugged the leccy back on - let the
expansion tank fill up, turned on the ch and hot water .. and bingo -
water flowing all through.

Well - bar three of the four rads downstairs anyway .. but thats
probably an air problem I guess .. will have to suss that out next.

Thanks to those to took the time to respond .. good group this - I
always lurk - then remove the group from me news reader - then
resubscribe when I have a problem.

I think I'll be staying (and lurking) for quite a bit longer this
time.

Cheers again

--
Andy Jenkins