Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default American Chestnut

RicodJour wrote in
:

On Aug 24, 12:03*pm, Han wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

Haven't read the book yet, but I intend to.
http://www.americanscientist.org/boo...blighted-hopes

Just a comment. *A beautiful place about 1 1/2 hour North of NYC
still

has
chestnuts growing and proliferating. *Unfortunately, they are
susceptib

le
to the fungus and die before getting more than about 3 inches in
diameter

.
One hopes that somehow nature and Darwin will yield a truly resistant
variant of the species.

Where exactly might that be? I live on LI and frequently find myself
up in that neck of the woods.

I don't know wether it is a real secret, but it is not really talked
about much. Up on the ridge by New Paltz is probably vague enough.

--
Best regards
Han