Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default Apostasy: Texan can't park pickup in driveway

dpb wrote:

Paul MR wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Gee....you don't suppose someone buying a house in a HOA should have
read the rules first?

Harry K

You're kidding, right? The last set of HOA rules I saw were in two
binders, each one thicker than a major city telephone book.
Paul MR

So you're recommending somebody buy a major investment w/o reading the
conditions associated w/ it????

The only time I ever lived in a house governed by an HOA, I had moved
from rural upstate NY to West Palm Beach. I had no idea what an HOA
was, nor was it explained to me before I bought the house. I was told
it was a "planned community" and it did look nicely laid out, so what
the hell. The idea that someone could tell me what kind of car I could
park in my own driveway, what shrubs to plant, what color to paint,
etc. was so foreign to me I never would have thought to ask about it.

I spent a miserable four years there and vowed never again.