Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default I have a dead mouse in my AC - need help getting to it?

Joe B. wrote:
Our house smells horrible. I recently put out some rat poison (first
mistake) and now we have an overwhelming smell of a decaying dead animal in
our house. I have narrowed it down to our inside AC unit. It seems to be
directly below the blower behind the area that has all of the copper piping
(coil?). It does not appear possible to open this area, but I believe that
is where he is located. Is there anyway to access this area or am I out of
luck? Thank you.

Joe

If you remove the blower can you get access to the body? The item you
refer to as having all of the copper tubing is probable the evaporator.
Tis and the blower are replaceable so they are removable.

Look into a deodorizer intended to address this type of problem. Talk
with your friendly coroner or embalmer. No one comes to them for
advice...they'll be helpful.

Also look for autopsy room or embalming room deodorizers.

http://www.imtek.biz/page/N/CTGY/csp-funeral

When the carcass dries out the odor will cease but this can take long time.

Don't use products like Febreeze unless you understand how they work and
you're comfortable with this.