Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Running wire in finished ceiling on main floor

mm wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:14:59 -0700 (PDT), Mash

(snip)

And it's better if one keeps the scraps when the carpet is installed.
I went to the carpet store that he had hired 4 years earlier (he gave
me all the receipts) and I was able to get a section of matching
kitchen vinyl linoleum, but no carpeting. The manager, a woman, said
that when they leave the scraps, the wives call up and complain.
Stupid women.

One of the very few things the idiot previous owner of this place did
right, keeping the carpet scraps from the addition. 20 years later, I
was able to have a moonlighting carpet guy cheaply patch in the damaged
spots, for less than a hundred bucks. It ain't perfect- if there was a
SWMBO in the house I would had to pop for new carpet- but it is
presentable, and plenty good enough for a guy living alone.

--
aem sends...